You know when something good happens and everything just falls in place like peanut butter and jelly? This is one of those times. Blue Flavor is happy to announce that the Omni Group website redesign has launched. After a lot of hard work by the team here at Blue flavor and all the great folks at Omni Group we are happy to see the new design now live.
So, we have some big news to make today. After several months of searching and many conversations, often involving Dogfish Head Ale and geeky jokes, we are proud to welcome Leslie Doherty into the Blue Flavor family as Director of Development.
Leslie comes to us with a wealth of knowledge related to coding for the web, teaching, business management, and yes motherhood. She is highly experienced in PHP and represents the ExpressionEngine community as a developer and spokesperson. Recent presentations have included Blissdom 09, Type-A-Mom 09, and EECI2009 on the topics of blogging, web design, and coding performance. And that’s just scratching the surface. You can learn more about Leslie on her profile page.
Please take a moment to welcome her to the Blue Flavor family.
That’s right: it’s time for WebVisions 2009! WebVisions is a three-day conference that explores the future of web design, technology, user experience and business strategy. The event takes place every year in Portland, Oregon and continues to draw some of the leading experts in the web industry. This year is no exception…
I have been doing a lot of research on product comparison tables for a project I am working on. I posted on my personal site a series of resources and conclusions that I found along the way. The post is called Research: Product Comparison and Pricing Tables. Some of the things that I identified is the need for personals, some kind of technical requirements, competitive analysis, and defined business goals. Which, of course all ended up circling back to finding the sweet spot.
Or, as our web developer, Kenny Meyers, put it: World’s Best Software Company Hires World’s Best Design Company.
The Blue Flavor crew is proud to announce our newest client; The Omni Group, a Seattle-based software company known for such reputable products as OmniFocus, OmniGraffle, OmniOutliner, OmniPlan, OmniWeb and more!
The Omni Group shares our philosophy that work should be fun, and that employees should love what they do - they’re a great company and we couldn’t be happier about this project.
We’ll be redesigning their website, e-commerce site, forums, and blog—we’ll let you know when everything launches. I’m willing to bet that somewhere along the way, there will be a Rock Band challenge between our team and theirs… Stay tuned!
Its almost March and that means Blue Flavor is preparing for our annual trek to Austin, Texas for SXSW Interactive. This year, in addition to our big annual party, we are also involved in a series of other events sprinkled throughout the week-long event. I will also be giving at talk at SXSW along with Donna Spencer and Michael Angeles.
Motive Interactive has released a new version of its advertising platform, called Advent 2.0, and the new user interface has gotten a lot of praise lately. Blue Flavor worked with Motive to create the front-end design of their previous system Advent 1.0. We are exited to see Motive continue to develop this system and flattered that they kept many Blue Flavor inspired design features from the first version intact.
On Monday, November 10th, Blue Flavor will open up its doors to freelancers and other independent, community-minded creative and technical people, with the grand opening of Whitespace.
October 17th, 2008 - Web 2.0, who helped define (in a single phrase) the business revolution in the computer industry caused by the move to the Internet as platform, and an attempt to understand the rules for success on that new platform, has passed today. The cause of this passing has been determined to be distinguished insignificance.
- Webmaster Jam Session 2008
- Posted by Nick Finck on September 19th, 2008
- BizJam Seattle 08
- Posted by Nick Finck on June 4th, 2008
- Brooklyn Boy Flies the Coop
- Posted by Nick Finck on February 29th, 2008
- Web Directions North 2008
- Posted by Nick Finck on January 2nd, 2008
- Web Design World 2007
- Posted by Nick Finck on December 10th, 2007
- WebBuilder 2.0
- Posted by Nick Finck on December 3rd, 2007
- Future of Mobile
- Posted by Nick Finck on November 14th, 2007
- World Usability Day Seattle 2007, wrap up
- Posted by Nick Finck on November 9th, 2007
- World Usability Day Seattle 2007
- Posted by Nick Finck on November 4th, 2007
- Jeff Croft to speak at Refresh Seattle
- Posted by Nick Finck on October 25th, 2007
- Celebrate Two Years of Blue Flavor
- Posted by Nick Finck on October 12th, 2007
- InfoCamp Seattle 2007
- Posted by Nick Finck on October 11th, 2007
- Mobile Web Americans 2007
- Posted by Nick Finck on October 2nd, 2007
- Web Directions South 2007
- Posted by Nick Finck on September 27th, 2007
- Webmaster Jam Session 2007
- Posted by Nick Finck on September 21st, 2007
- Refresh Seattle: Web Accessibility in Three Acts
- Posted by Nick Finck on August 19th, 2007
- 2007 Webmaster Jam Session
- Posted by Nick Finck on August 1st, 2007
- Blue Flavor speaking at The Future of Web Design
- Posted by Nick Finck on July 31st, 2007
- Ross Olson on the future of the Web
- Posted by Nick Finck on July 19th, 2007
- Jeff Croft interviewed on Web Designers' Interviews
- Posted by Nick Finck on July 5th, 2007